In the Australian Curriculum, the Arts is a learning area that draws together related but distinct art forms. It is comprised of 5 subjects:
- In Dance, students practice choreography, performance, and appreciation of and responses to dance and dance making.
- In Drama, students create, rehearse, perform and respond to drama.
- In Media Arts, students use communications technologies to creatively explore, make and interpret stories about people, ideas and the world around them.
- In Music, students listen to, compose and perform music from a diverse range of styles, traditions and contexts.
- In Visual Arts, students experience and explore the concepts of artists, artworks, world and audience.