Moving From Preschool to School
Transitioning to Primary School
Before starting school, children are invited to visit our school so they can become familiar with it.
The transition to school program includes:
- regular visits to the school over a period of weeks
- walks around the school grounds and find out where things are, for example, the toilets and playground
- spending time in a classroom with a teacher and other students
- going to school events such as assembly, library visits, or performances
- opportunities to develop relationships with other children and teachers.
It includes opportunities for parents to:
- become familiar with the school and its policies
- meet some staff members
- ask questions
Transition From Year 7 to Secondary School
Students in the middle years have the opportunity to visit the local secondary schools on their open days. Parents are encouraged to attend these visits to make informed decisions about their child’s secondary needs. Students also attend a further 1.5 days at local Secondary Schools to get a taste of what to expect.
Wandana Preschool to 7 has excellent state schools in the surrounding areas such as Avenues College, Valley View Secondary School and Roma Mitchell Secondary College.
Wandana works in partnership with these local Secondary Schools, and year 6/7 students attend sporting days, leadership programs and other special events that are run by the students of that Secondary School. Students also attend lessons run by Secondary School teachers which assist students in their transition to Secondary School.